Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Does Facebook ever make you feel bad?


Don't you love when your  friends and family post updates on their lives on Facebook? I know I do. However, I sometimes get the feeling that people are just posting things on the internet to make others aware that they are "having fun" or "doing well".

Have you ever scrolled through Facebook and viewed a post by someone that you follow that just makes you feel bad? That you just wish you could be them, or do what they are doing? I think this is one of the new problems with social media today. Now instead of simply posting status' and pictures to update your friends and family on what you're up to, people are posting edited pictures and made up stories to make their life seem more eventful.

I myself am even guilty of this at times. From first hand experience I know what it is like when you post a picture that is super happy and uplifting, but in reality I was super stressed out with school or work or my normal day to day life. However, I post a happy picture of myself or my dogs so that people think I have my stuff together.

There is nothing wrong with wanting people to know that you're happy or having a good time, however I think it is a dangerous thing to play with because if you keep letting people think you are doing so well those friends and family that are normally your support system will not be able to tell if or when anything is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment